The philosophy of Mountain Top University (MTU) Geo Sciences programme is to produce graduates who are academically, professionally, proactively and productively empowered to competently discharge their duties to the society. They are also morally and spiritually equipped to excel in their families and the society at large through their communicative competence. We also aspire to produce graduates who would be employers of labour through Practicals and theories.
Objectives of Geosciences department
- To produce skilled technical and managerial manpower for agro-allied industries.
- To produce skilled manpower required to establish, manage and direct small scale food processing and related industries using available locally sourced raw material.
- To produce graduates who will be involved in consultancy services in food product development, research and development, storage, processing and preservation with the aim of producing Entrepreneurs.
- To produce graduates with knowledge of design and fabrication of food processing equipment to assist in upgrading traditional technology.
- To produce globally competitive graduates who will be able to teach Food Science and Technology and allied courses in appropriate institutions of learning.
A. Candidates must have five credits in O'level or SSCE or NECO at not more than two sittings to include:
- Mathematics (Credit)
- English (Credit)
- Chemistry (Credit)
- Biology/ Agricultural Science (Credit)
- Physics (Credit)
B. UNIFIED TERTIARY MATRICULATION EXAMINATION (UTME) SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS :
- English language (Credit)
- Physics and any other ONE of Mathematics, Biology/Agricultural Science
C. DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS Direct Entry candidates must fulfil the conditions in A (above) and have a minimum of Upper Credit at the ND Examination or equivalent from a recognized institution or G.C.E (Advanced Level) or equivalent in at least two science subjects including Biology or Agricultural Science to qualify for admission into 200 level of the programme.